Highlights and presentations
Dr. Suthan Suthersan, PE, who will be delivering the H2O Talk, Reclaiming Our Water Resources: Breakthroughs in Groundwater Remediation for Today and Tomorrow
Dr. Ty Ferré, who will be presenting his 2016 NGWREF Darcy Lecture, Seeing Things Differently: Rethinking the Relationship Between Data, Models, and Decision-Making
Dr. Shemin Ge will present her 2016 Birdsall-Dreiss Distinguished Lecture, Fluid-Induced Earthquakes: Insights from Hydrogeology and Poromechanics
Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper will discuss how his experience as a geologist has built a solid foundation that helps him manage the state’s natural resources.
Special presentation— Darcy Revisited
Tuesday, April 26, 9:30-10:30 a.m
Join three former NGWREF Darcy Lecturers as they address the advances made within their topic areas since their official Darcy Lecturer year.
Platform and poster presentations
Learn firsthand from leading experts during dozens of platform and poster presentations including the following, to name but a few —
- An Animated Look at Groundwater Monitoring Data — Hydrographs in Map View
- The Development of Managed Aquifer Recharge in Arizona
- Mapping Potential Groundwater Recharge Zones in Mexico Using a GIS
- An Integrated Approach for Deducing Degradation Pathways at Sites Contaminated with Chlorinated Ethylenes
- Markets, Groundwater, and Law: Water Reform Lessons from Australia
- Numerical Analysis of Groundwater Quality Impacts from Hydraulic Fracturing Wellbore Leakage
- On the Development and Growth of the National Ground-Water Monitoring Network
- The Quest for Relevant Baseline Groundwater Data in the Context of South Africa’s Potential Energy Futures
- A Simple Spreadsheet Model to Simulate the Natural Attenuation of Residual Hydrocarbon NAPL.
Optional short courses
Take advantage of furthering your learning while stretching your travel dollars with optional short courses taking place before and after the Summit —
- Environmental Hydrology — Characterization and Remediation of Hardrock Mine Sites
- Fundamentals of Groundwater Geochemistry
- GeoDRONEology: A Short Course on the Application of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems for Geoscience Investigations
- The Groundwater Visibility Initiative: Integrating Groundwater and Surface Water Management Workshop
- An Integrated Approach for Evaluating Natural Attenuation Using CSIA, Molecular Biological Tools, Magnetic Susceptibility, and Geochemistry.